Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm only half Saree...

Second day of class the manager took my class aside and had a 10 min. meeting with them to open up to me.  I think it worked 'cause they were cracking me up.  I asked them to make a list of sights I should see while I'm in town and where all the good shopping is.  I also told them that I wanted to get a picture of the class and the two women in my class said wait till I buy a Saree where it to work then we can take the picture.  Then they were all talkative about what type of Sarees I should buy and the one they told me that's specific to this region is a half Saree.  It's 3 pieces a skirt, top and a long wrap, instead of the traditional 2 piece Saree.  I think training is going pretty well, the normal stumble of access but that's usual and they seem to roll with the punches.  If I could only figure out the time, I waste all day in bed.  The only things I've seen in Hyderabad have been the office, the dining room in my hotel and my bed.  Today I guess I won't mind but yesterday it was sunny for the first time.  Oh well we'll wait to see what tomorrow brings.  Hasta Pasta!
KB

1 comment:

  1. 'Half Saree...' that is really bad...I LOVE IT!

    So, is it too early to ask how the native food is? and have you gotten to know the hotel staff?

    ReplyDelete